“This was me and Tupac’s first conversation. This was October 18th 1995. i had just gotten out of Pelican a month before, and Pac had been out a couple of days. We did not know We were being recorded. My wife pressed record on the answering machine and unbeknown to either of us, caught some bomb Azz history. Ya’ll enjoy this, and check out Pac and how positive he was. This is Classic shit. It’s Shakur thang.”- Sanyika “Monster Kody” Shakur
Some of the more interesting things that the two talked about include:
1. Getting famous rappers to all connect and bring together neighborhoods across the U.S. together through an organization, with the help of Al Sharpton, to create a youth league and have block parties with no gangbanging or violence involved.
2. 2pac touched on the 1994 case against the police.
3. The Gangsta Disciples holding ‘Pac down when he’s in Chicago.
4. Being in Milwaukee for a concert and shouting out a kid that was shot in senseless violence, and getting things thrown at him for it.
5. Being on Death Row Records, recording All Eyez On Me and the features on the album.
6. Life inside Clinton Max and how they put him in 23-hour lockdown, and getting anything he wanted from the people in prison
7. Wanting Maya Angelou to write an autobiography on him.
8. His battle between the Black Panther movement teachings he was raised on and gangbanging mentality he was trying adapt to survive in the streets.
9. Shooting the video for “California Love” with Dr. Dre.
10. Wanting 2pac to play Monster Kody in his movie and how John Singleton and the Hughes Brothers were “cowards.”
Every single Tupac Shakur fan should find this interesting, just for the simple fact he was dropping jewels in a random conversation. This was ‘Pac at his rawest.